A battery exploded inside a campervan in Three Legged Cross on Thursday afternoon.
The occupants of the vehicle at the time escaped with minimal injuries.
A Fire crew from Verwood along with colleagues from Ringwood, the police and ambulance service all attended.
Verwood Fire Station said on Facebook: “After making the vehicle safe and the occupants left being assessed by ambulance staff we were able to clear the scene and return to home station.”
The incident happened on Verwood Road, Three Legged Cross.