Two of the Verwood Flameburst organisers were taken to hospital after the event on Saturday following a reported attack on them by a group of teenagers.
Flameburst says it caught the incident on CCTV and is appealing for other witnesses to come forward and make a statement to the Police.
Posting on the event Facebook page, organisers wrote: “Unfortunately we had a horrible incident late in the evening (around 11.10pm) where a group of older teenagers attacked two of our 70 year old organisers at the gate to the first field off the road, resulting in them being taken to hospital to treat multiple injuries.
“Police are involved and the attack was caught on CCTV so they can be identified, but if anyone saw or heard anything please get in touch. There is a bystander in the CCTV so if this is you, please get in touch with the police to give a statement.”
Flameburst says there were also some other instances of youths being aggressive to volunteers earlier in the evening, so there will be some changes to next year’s event to ensure further protection of their helpers and the wider community.
The event will go ahead as normal next year.
Dorset Police told VerwoodToday: “We received a report at 11.14pm on Saturday 28 October 2023 of an assault in Crane Drive in Verwood.
“Two men sustained injuries that are not believed to be serious and attended hospital for treatment. Officers attended and carried out enquiries at the scene. An investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.”